Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the United States.  At this time every year we sit down with family and enjoy our freedoms and give thanks for all that we have.  Then we go push people to save $5 on something we really don't need.  Gotta love Black Friday!


This year I thought it would be appropriate for me to list 10 things I am truly thankful for.  Here goes:

1) My Husband, he is a saint.  He is my best friend, an amazing father to our children, and so supportive of me in everything I do.
2) My children.  They are truly good kids.  Smart, compassionate and kind.  They drive me nuts sometimes but I love them so much.
3) My family.  My parents and brother sometimes don't understand me or even like me but they do love me and for that I am thankful.
4) My friends.  I have an amazing hodgepodge of people from different times in my life who support me through everything.  They are all so different but raise me up in different ways!
5) My co-workers.  I have been fortunate to find co-workers who are fun, kind, caring and supportive.  They are a great bunch of women (and a few men) who make work so much better than it has ever been.
6) Gastric Bypass.  Without Gastric Bypass I would still be unhealthy, sedentary and unhappy.  Gastric bypass has given me the opportunity to make myself shiny and new again (although the new me comes with stretch marks and saggy skin).  I am thankful for this opportunity every day.
7) Coffee.  Coffee makes me happy.  Without it I am a very sad person.
8) Wicking fabric.  Who ever invented moisture wicking fabric is a god.  Without this I would be a chafed and unhappy lady.
9) Online support groups.  I love my ObesityHelp ladies and the Triathlon related online groups I belong to.  They help me stay accountable and give me a much needed laugh or hug everyday.
10) My phone.  Yes, this is kind of sad.  But I am thankful for my smart phone that allows me to stay in touch with others through texting, calling, Facebook, Instagram and multitude of other avenues.  Thank you AT&T for providing me service :)

Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy your day!  I'll be reporting back on my very first Turkey Trot 5K.

What are you doing this Thanksgiving holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment