Friday, November 20, 2015

Life Since Augusta

Hmm... All of my training was focused on Ironman Augusta 70.3 and I definitely had the post-race blues afterwards.  Sure the first week or two was awesome telling my story to anyone who would listen but after that I became lazy.  I didn't really know what to do.  I mean I have races on my calendar for next year but they all seem SOOO far away.  As I write this Ironman WIsconsin is 296 days away (yes, I have an app on my phone that tells me everyday).  I decided I needed something sooner...

I signed up for a virtual race.  The IronKiwi challenge, you have one month to complete the distances in a Ironman race (2.4 mile swim, 112 bike, 26.2 run).  I have all of November to complete (wait, that isn't all that long now).  I have only completed 18.2 running miles.  I need to get my butt to the pool and on my new bike.

Speaking of bikes... I bought a new one!!  I'm so excited.  Since I will be doing lots of long distance riding this year I thought it best to upgrade my bike (with the hubbie's permission of course).  Here he is... James the Jamis Tri Bike!


So, whats on my agenda?  Well, I've gained a bit of weight since Augusta due to my lack of training and poor eating.  So my goal is to get back to race weight by the end of January.  I want to enjoy the holidays without going overboard.  I would also like to run a sub 30 min 5K.

Last night I ran 2 miles during my daughter's swim team practice at 9:40 a mile.  Not bad for someone who couldn't run a mile at this time last year.

What are your goals?  Big or little?

No comments:

Post a Comment