Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Oops... Did I do that?

So... I have a co-worker who is a dear friend and an avid cyclist.  She has done a couple of triathlons in the past and on my urging was going to tri again this season.  Sometimes life gets in the way (in her case an engagement and medical issues) and you just don't get in the training you would like.  This morning she transferred her race entry for this weekend (a sprint tri) to me.  I'm excited.  I didn't expect to race much this year (given the biggie at the end of the year) but this will be a nice bonus race.  And look at the medals!  So cool.

I'm starting to put some serious training time in.  Usually I have more than one workout in a day.  Today I will swim, bike and run.  I swam this morning before work.  I'll ride after work and put in a quick transition run after the ride.  My body is tired and I'm finding sleep and nutrition are incredible important.  I just feel better when I'm treating my body better.  Reminder: treat your body better!

I also find that my spare time is dwindling.  I'm really trying to make my time with family and friends count.  I snuggle with the kiddos every chance I get and really try to make an effort to be in the moment instead of on my phone or thinking about something else.  With 3 months until Ironman I know my spare time is going to become non-existent.  I really need to focus on making every choice a good one.


A picture of the geese on my run last week.  I was only about 5 feet away.  No fear of me.  They were happily in the water on my way back.  Wisconsin in the spring and summer is gorgegous.  It almost makes you forget about the winters.... almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment